End Of Life Doulas

Ressources for Students of the End of Life Doula Preparation Course

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Agaertha
Hopeful link
Agaertha
Sat 11 May - 14:59

I would like it to be my Doula Project

Good morning / Afternoon /evening

First of all, thank you for your time and attention. This message might move but i won't modify it once it will be seen. I want it to be my ligthouse, if i may say so. This won't be written in a perfect English but i swear i'll do my best to be clear.

I would like this forum to be my main project. Why? Because that is the idea that is making sense to me. I have been very attentive during the Introduction week end and i figured out that i could put some of my skills to use. It started to come to my mind three days after the Introduction. I was looking through the window and i thought 'Now what? You start from scratch and you have no clue where to start". I remembered that you said that all the informations were either on the forums or on the blog. I looked everywhere for it and didn't find anything. I got a little bit discouraged. And everyone around seemed quite happy, already so sure about everything. I got a little bit more discouraged. It's a whole different language for me, a complete different culture and of course a different legal background. I don't know about any website where to look for informations. Then i remembered about the community about the fact that you were now alone to deal with everything.

And then i thought "Maybe i can both learn and help at the same time". This is why i created this. For now it's only a draft of what it is meant to become. I created the main parts of it. I gave it a friendly appearance that i will try to improve throughout the year. But i wanted it to look decent before i show you anything because i know that first impressions are important. And now that i told you how i had the idea, let me explain the idea.

WHAT : Ok so. This is a forum. The idea is to have somewhere else to share, somewhere you wouln't have to scroll to find something, somewhere safe where you can express yourself if you're shy, share your experiences and leave a mark. It can be like a journal, a blog, anything that you want to share if you don't know where to do it. A place for support, where you can take the time to ponder. It's always very different to express yourself via writing or speaking, sometimes in the process of writing we access to deeper informations, we're not interrupting anyone, we can listen to music or let thoughts get through us. It can lead to very interesting things. And this is part of what i would like. To take the time, and let everyone take the time you need to sit and think before you share.

HOW : It is quite simple. One part will be accessible to everyone, so that if someone is quite new and ends up here after a google search he will find the exact same informations as he could find on the website. They will even have a part of the forum where they can ask questions and suggest ideas if they want to. How is it safe? Most of the informations, links and things that have been shared will be in the parts with "Trainees" in orange. Those ones are fully accessible for now because it takes time to manage settings but if i get your blessing, those parts will be only for "us". The only tricky part will actually be to manage the people who register. We/ Someone will have to double check that the person is actually a trainee. I suggest that we can all use nicknames and have an image we like as an avatar it's not a problem and it keeps things more private. But i will add a question in the fields to fill to become a member that would prove that the person has actually contacted you already. All we need is to make sure it safe and then watch it grow with kindness.

WHO: I created this safe space where everyone can come and write things. We can even think of a journal place so that people can share their journey and experiences. But this ins like an interactive library, i'll give you all the rights and explanations you might need to post things and edit what you need. Your opinion is very important and no decision will be taken before asking you first. This is meant to be an extension of what already exists and to help the shy ones share without feeling any pressure. It's at the service of what is already created. This is why i took time to explain in details what i try to create and how i would like it to work.

MAIN POINTS:
-General parts accessible to the people that might be interested
-Private parts where only the students can access
-People who register on the forum have to be students of the training
-Clear and acessible place to find informations as a student
-Place to express oneself in a safe environement.
-Somewhere you can take all the time you need and ask for feedback.

Once again this is my idea, it can be improved and i won't start filling anything without your consent/ blessing. The aim is to make everything easier for the next ones and to build up this strong community who loves to share experiences and knowledge with each other. We will always have the meetings but for those of us who live far away it can be another way to get closer to each other.

Thank you for your attention.
A.

Halloween
Agaertha
https://endoflifedoula.forumotion.com
Back to top Go down
View previous topic View next topic Back to top Page 1 of 1
Jump to: